- The 2019 long rains season has been characterized by late onset of rains, which were poorly distributed and erratic from February to Mid-March. Early planted crops were affected by water stress and germination was poor.
- Planting was delayed in some parts of the country but it peaked up in April with the onset of the rains and planting was complete by end of April.
- The month of June had good rains in most parts of the Country which improved crop performance.
- Harvesting of maize is almost complete in Bomet but production was poor due to erratic rains, FAW and MLND. Harvesting has also commenced in lower and upper Nyanza regions.
- Notable increase in the prices of maize, beans and wheat was observed in selected markets.