Welcome to Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, and Fisheries
The Ministry has its fundamental goal and purpose of conserving protecting and managing agricultural livestock and fisheries resources for socio-economic development. Its aim is to improve the living standards of people by ensuring maintainance of agricultural livestock and fisheries resources. The ministry was credated in 2013 following the merge of the three ministries of agriculture,livestock development and marketing,fisheries.
- A secure and wealthy Nation anchored by an innovative, commercially oriented and competitive agricultural sector.
- To improve the livelihood of Kenyans and ensures food security through creation of an enabling environment and ensuring sustainable natural resource management.
- Our Mandate is Formulation, implementation and monitoring of agricultural legislations, regulations and policies Supporting agricultural research and promoting technology deliver Facilitating and representing agricultural state corporations in the government Development, implementation and co-ordination of programmes in the agricultural sector Regulating and quality control of inputs, produce and products from the agricultural sector Management and control of pests and Collecting, maintaining and managing information on agricultural sector.
- Efficiency and Responsiveness
- Gender Equity
- To complete the Vision and Mission and build its own culture, the Ministry has identified the following core values: