Today CS Peter Munya addressed 100 coffee society officials (chairman and secretary) in Meru who were split into two sessions of 50 each to meet Covid-19 social distance requirements.
The CS emphasized a raft of changes being introduced to revive and improve the coffee sector, both in productivity and farmer earnings. These included:
- Access to coffee inputs through e-voucher.
- A 3 billion fund available to farmers at 3 percent and deductible at sale point.
- Digital weighing and ledger management in the societies.
- Installation of eco pulper to replace argard pregrader to save water and stop pollution in the rivers.
- Construct metallic drying tables to improve uniformity in drying, stop termite damage, and increase longevity of the Nylex.
- Install remote-controlled security systems to curb perchment theft and use solar security powered systems 24/7 reliability.
- Rehabilitate the milling systems in Dandora, Meru, and Sagana.