· The 2019 long rains season has been characterized by late onset of rains, which were poorly distributed and erratic from February to Mid-March. Early planted crops were affected by water stress and germination was poor.
· Planting was delayed in some parts of the country but it peaked up in April with the onset of the rains and planting was complete by end of April.
· The Month of May had good rains in most parts of the Country which improved crop performance.
· There was notable reduction of Fall army Worm infestations that were observed in Narok, Laikipia, West Pokot, Trans Nzoia and Elgeyo Marakwet, Kisii and Nyamira Counties
· Notable increase in the prices of maize, beans and wheat was observed in selected markets.