ICRAF together with MetaMeta, IWMI, FBLN and the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation- Directorate of Land Reclamation and National Irrigation Board (NIB) are jointly organizing a symposium as a platform for sharing experiences (through discussions and field visits) as well as cross-fertilization of knowledge on FBLS through the following thematic areas:
• Towards more efficient and resilient flood water governance and management systems;
• Innovative proven SMART (Simple, Market-based, Affordable, Repairable and Technically feasible) technologies in FBLS;
• Good agronomic farming practices for improved livelihoods and food security;
• Job creation particularly for young people and women in FBLS sectors;
• Agroforestry and livestock management in FBLS;
• Resilient appropriate and cost-effective road water harvesting practices; and
• ICT empowered horizonal learning (a cross cutting theme) to further upscale the knowledge and experiences shared.