· Late onset, poor distribution and erratic patterns of the 2019 long rains affected the early planted crop resulting in water stress, wilting and poor germinatio in most parts of the country.
· Planting was delayed in some parts of the country and this is expected to cause a reduction in total production.
· With the onset of the rains late in April, planting and replanting is expected to begin and continue in May.
· Fall army Worm infestation were observed Narok, Laikipia, West Pokot, Trans Nzoia and Elgeyo Marakwet
· Notable increase in the prices of maize, beans and wheat was observed in selected markets.